Monday 31 March 2014

West Sussex (30/3/2014)


Lucked in on a fairly good seawatch at Selsey Bill.  Common Scoter were passing in large numbers - I had about 100+.  Other species were Fulmar, Red-throated Diver, Sandwich Tern, Eider (including a flock of 36) and Mediterranean Gull.  Offshore I saw at least 2 Great Northern Divers and a Black-throated Diver.

I then went to Church Norton where I had my first Willow Warbler and Blackcap of the year.  At Sidlesham there wasn't much but I heard a close Cetti's Warbler but couldn't see it.

Nothing at Chichester GP's.  At the Breech Pool there was a cracking summer plumaged Water Pipit, but the Spotted Redshank had been flushed before I arrived.

Next was Climping where I had excellent views of the Hoopoe in the hotel grounds and a bonus of a cronking fly-over Raven.  Car parking at Climping is a bit steep - a pound an hour!

Popped into Dad's for a cuppa before going up to the Burgh where it was quite hard work but had another Raven, singing Corn Bunting, 6 Red-legged Partridges, Red Kite and the hope for Grey Partridge - a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment