Wednesday 30 June 2021

Local (19/06/21)

First site was Mapledurwell but I am led to believe there is not much left to see and there wasn't.

The other sites visited were Greywell Moor, Noar Hill and Broxhead Common.

The only places that things of note were Greywell Moor and Noar Hill.

After wandering around the wrong part of Greywell Moor I eventually spotted a stile/gate which actually brought me to the area where the orchids could be seen - I had walked past it!

Lots of Southern Marsh Orchids and Common Spotted Orchids were seen but no Marsh Helleborine - I later found out they are in another area of the marsh where a permit is needed.





 At Noar Hill, after much searching, I bumped into an old gentleman who kindly took me around and showed me the Musk Orchids.  No wonder I missed them - they are tiny.  Also at this site was a new moth for me - Yellow Shell.  The sheer number of common orchids were fantastic.







No comments:

Post a Comment