Saturday 5 June 2021

Double header part 1 (30th May 2021)

















With a Bank Holiday and the weather looking excellent I went to Bucks/Oxon/Berks for butterflies and orchids and wasn't disappointed.

Homefield Wood gave me Military Orchid, Common Spotted Orchid, Common Twayblade, Greater Butterfly Orchid, White Helleborine and Fly Orchid.  A couple of Ravens flew over

Aston Clinton Ragpits yielded another White Helleborine and a Green Hairstreak which I got some nice pictures of.

Bernwood Meadows was brilliant with the meadows carpeted in Green-winged Orchids.

Iffley Meadows was the let down - I wanted to see the Fritillaries (flowers) but found out I was a month too late.

Hartslock gave me my first damselfly/dragonfly of the year (Banded Demoiselle) and got better views of the Lady, Monkey and hybrid orchids.  I was shown a Pasqueflower which I understand is quite rare.





No comments:

Post a Comment