Monday 26 May 2014

Isle of Purbeck/Martin Down (25/05/2014)






Despite the breezy conditions and much hard work I managed to see all the species I wanted at Dancing Ledge except Peregrine.  I managed 2-3 Puffins of which 2 showed well from the edge of the ledge, 3 Ravens gave a good show over the cliffs, Shags and Guillemot were in evidence all the time.  The Razorbill and Kittiwake were a little more tricky, I saw a couple of Razorbills briefly in flight before one have itself up on the water off the cliffs.  5 Kittiwakes eventually showed together including a moulting 1st winter bird which did settle on the sea.

The Turtle Doves at Martin Down took some finding but eventually heard one purring, saw it briefly disappearing behind some trees and then a pair flew across in front of me.  Also here was a Cuckoo, Raven, 2 Corn Buntings, Hobby and a Lesser Whitethroat.

A new butterfly for me was found - a Grizzled Skipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment