Tuesday 17 April 2012

...continuing the good run (14/04/12)

Today I started at Staines Reservoir where my second terns of the year turned out to be Arctic Terns - five of them no less.  Also managed eventually to find the adult summer Little Gull.  No sign of the Shag or Black-necked Grebes but I didn't look too hard.  Another couple of Swallows here.

On the way back to the car I picked up the Yellow Wagtail someone else had found sitting on the fence on King George Reservoir and finally 3 Common Terns sitting on the jetty on King George Reservoir.

Next off to Staines Moor where I heard a singing Sedge Warbler and then on the moor managed to find at least 8 Wheatears but no sign off the Ring Ouzel that had been around for days.

One the way back to the car I eventually caught a glimpse of the Sedge Warbler, saw more Swallows and then a House Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment