Saturday 23 April 2011

Staines Reservoir/Moor (22/04/11)

A very hot day and went to the reservoir where managed to pick off the very distant female type Velvet Scoter on the north basin. On the south basin were 8 Black Terns although they couldn't be seen well until they got out of the glare from the sun. Finally on the way out managed to get some fairly decent views of the summer plumaged Slavonian Grebe on the eastern shore of the south basin.

Next onto Staines Moor. As I started off down the path 2 Rose-ringed Parakeets flew over and my first Sedge Warbler of the year singing in a nearby hedge. Once I got to the moor itself I heard a singing Lesser Whitethroat but couldn't see it. At the moor no sign of the reported female Ring Ouzel but I did see at least 5 Wheatears, a Little Egret and best of all a flyover Hobby showing well in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment