Monday 24 May 2010

22nd May 2010 (Woolhampton)







Common Blue Damselfly, Blue-tailed Damselfly, Black Tern, Beautiful Demoiselle, Banded Demoiselle








A beautiful day so went to Woolhampton for Turtle Dove and Hobby.

As a approached the main lake a Yellow Wagtail (116) flew over, then as I reached the lake a tern caught my attention - a summer plumaged Black Tern. It was actively feeding sometimes quite high and the local Common Tern took a bit of a dislike to it.

I then walked out to the agricultural land but couldn't find any Turtle Doves. Near the main wood I had good views of a Hobby (115) and distant views of Cuckoo. I then switched to dragonfly mode and recording the following species: Lots of Common Blue Damselflies, good numbers of Beautiful Demoiselles, a couple of Banded Demoiselles, a few Red-eyed Damselflies and a couple of Blue-tailed Damselflies.










No comments:

Post a Comment