Sunday 18 September 2022

3-4th September 2022 (various sites)

3rd September

Went to Noar Hill for Autumn Ladies Tresses which I found in reasonable numbers.  Also a few Autumn Gentians were seen but very small examples.  Little in the way of butterflies.

A nice lady pointed me at a site for Marsh Gentian to see tomorrow.

At Tice's Meadow no sign off any Willow Emeralds but a couple of very flighty Clouded Yellows was nice.  A Migrant Hawker posed nicely but my pictures are pretty awful.  Before leaving it was nice to see a Hobby perched on an electricity pylon and some extremely distant Whinchat


4th September

Back to Lymington to meet my prospective landlord/landlady (now are!) after which I went to Pennington/Keyhaven marshes which was very gloomy.  So gloomy in fact that I overlooked the Pectoral Sandpiper until told where it was.  It was also nice to see a few Little Stints and Curlew Sandpiper.  Also a nice Winchat which showed much better than the Tice's Meadow ones.

Based on the lady from yesterdays help I went to King's Hat in the New Forest and found about 20 Marsh Gentians.






















No comments:

Post a Comment