Friday 9 July 2021

2nd July 2021 - Long walk from Fleet to Greywell Moors

Being tired out driving around dodging push bikes and motorbikes decided to walk from Fleet to Greywell Moors using the canal as a path

I tried to find the site for the Marsh Helleborines at Greywell Moor and took a wrong turning.  I stepped onto what I thought was a solid boardwalk but the boardwalk went up and I went down into waist deep into water.

I eventually found the location for the Marsh Helleborines and a couple of girls were looking at plants - turned out they were volunteers for the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust and they let me climb over the gate so I could look for the helleborines.  I wasn't disappointed - there were lots as well as a few Common Twayblades and lots of Southern Marsh Orchids.

When it came to photographing them however, my sojourn into the water had killed my camera - it was soaked and didn't work properly so I couldn't use it.  I asked the girls if it was OK to come back on Saturday and they said it would.

Back at home I ordered a replacement camera - the Lumix FZ200 has been replaced by the Lumix FZ330



No comments:

Post a Comment