Thursday 6 August 2020

Stockbridge Down, Shipton Bellinger (1st August 2020)

Stockbridge Down as a new place for me and was very good for butterflies although still no Silver-spotted Skippers although they were supposed to be there.  I've been to Shipton Bellinger before but very many years ago.

I great selection of butterflies at Stockbridge Down and two cracking Adonis Blue's.

After a great deal of perseverance a Brown Hairstreak suddenly popped up from nowehere and stayed long enough to photograph it.

Unbelievably, I was watching for  hairstreaks along a hedgerow on the border of a massive field.  I had a telescope, a camera and binoculars so was obviously nature watching and needed a little peace and quiet.  A guy in a van drives up, parks within 50 yards of me and then spends the next hour walking his dogs with one particular noisy individual.  Why he couldn't park in another area of the field defeats me!









No comments:

Post a Comment