Monday 15 June 2015

South coast meander (14/06/2015)






First stop was to see the Hudsonian Whimbrel at Church Norton.  The bird was very active feeding on small crabs - discarding the larger ones.  A number of times the dark rump and underwing was seen.  Eventually, it flew off up the estuary.

I then went to Acres Down on the off chance that the Black-eared Wheatear had been re-found - no such luck.  I did manage to find a Wood Warbler singing in the wood and better still had my first, very distant, view of a Goshawk perched at the top of a pine tree.  Just before I left a Woodlark started singing and a Broad-bodied Chaser was seen by the small pond.

I then went to Ober Water and managed to see at least 5 Scarce Blue-tailed Damselflies - at least I think that was what they were.  I also saw a White-legged Damselfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment