Tuesday 10 June 2014

Great Gulls, South Devon (08/06/2014)








I first stopped at Bowling Green Marsh, Topsham where the Spoonbill was showing well and I picked up a distant small gull which was a Little Gull.

I then moved to Yarner Wood where I was told to park elsewhere but given instructions on finding Dipper.  I moved to the location and found a singing Wood Warbler and eventually had views of a male Pied Flycatcher at a nest box.

I moved to the river Bovey where eventually I pinned down a Dipper feeding on a area of fast flowing water.

I then drove back to Topsham where I picked up a Mediterranean Gull and then moved to the hide where I waited.  Picked up a couple of Common Gulls and Mediterranean Gulls and then on cue the 1st summer/winter Ross's Gull and 1st summer Bonaparte's Gull showed nicely in amongst the other gulls.

I then drove home via  Martin Down but had no luck with any Quail or Turtle Dove, just a couple of Corn Buntings and a Hare.

No comments:

Post a Comment