Wednesday 26 February 2014

Staines, Virginia Water and Moor Green Lakes (22/02/13)



Almost the first bird scoped on reaching Staines Reservoir was the drake Scaup, I needed more help finding the Slavonian Grebe which was distant but the Great Northern Diver was showing well although it was quite mobile.  No sign of the Black-necked Grebes but I didn't look very hard.

Next was Staines Moor where I had a singing Linnet, I could hear Rose-ringed Parakeet but couldn't see them and then best of all as I was walking down the river a pipit got up and few off behind me and landed on the river bank.  Getting my scope onto it revealed a Water Pipit.

I then made my way over to Virginia Water which was heaving with people and I could only manage one male Brambling.  There were lots of Redwings here.

Final stop was Moor Green Lakes where there was a small flock of Barnacle Geese amongst the Canada Geese but no sign of any owls.

No comments:

Post a Comment