Tuesday 28 January 2014

Hampshire (26/1/2014)

Despite feeling under the weather I needed to get out for some fresh air, so I wrapped up warm and spent what turned out to be a difficult day in the New Forest area.  First stop was Lepe where I had reasonable views of the Lesser Yellowlegs.  Then onto Pennington Marshes where the conditions were so bad I eventually scoped the fields near the car park where most of the waders were feeding.  In amongst the usual suspects were a couple of Ruff.

I then went onto Sopley where I couldn't find the Green-winged Teal in the horrible conditions.  At Harbridge I ticked off the lone Bewick's Swan and then moved to Blashford Lakes where I at least salvaged some of the day with a Black-necked Grebe, drake Red-crested Pochard and Lesser Redpoll (but no sign of any Common Redpolls).

At Kingfisher Lake I had a couple of brief views of what was probably the Ferruginous Duck but the views weren't tickable.

No comments:

Post a Comment