Wednesday 17 July 2013

New Forest / Southampton (14/7/2013)



Not much action at first because I started early.  Birds were more of a feature with Grey Wagtail, at least 2 Redstarts and a male Siskin.

As the temperature soared the first dragonflies started to become active and I saw at least 3 Golden-Ringed Dragonflies, a few Keeled Skimmers, a couple of Small Red Damselflies and eventually 2 male Scarce Blue-tailed Damselfly.

I then moved onto Southampton Common boating lake (although it took a while to get there because I had chosen the day when the Race for Life was on the common so they closed the road I needed to go down).  At the lake there were 3 male Red-veined Darters which showed very well landing on the side of the lake.  The lake also had at least 2 male Emperors.

No comments:

Post a Comment