Saturday 2 July 2022

25th June (Gloucestershire)

I had discovered that a location for Large Blue's was available to me closer than those in Somerset so a day trip to Gloucestershire was called for.  The drive wasn't too bad until some muppet decided to nudge me in the back at a roundabout while I was waiting for a motorbike to go around the roundabout.  I turned off into a nearby industrial estate but they decided not to follow - luckily no damage appears to have been done.

At Daneway Banks the Large Blues eventually showed superbly well.  A bonus here was a Thistle Ermine (?) moth and another Bee Orchid.  Marbled White's were everywhere.

The day became very blustery so I didn't see much at the other sites - I didn't have a clue where to see the Red Helleborine even if they still existed.

The other interesting species were Bird's Nest Orchid, Viper's Bugloss and what I thought was an orchid turned out to be a BlueBell in seed in the same location as Ramsom's leaves!
















No comments:

Post a Comment