Tuesday 8 May 2012

Another crap spring bank holiday (07/05/12)


First port of call was Selsey Bill where we had to shelter in the lee of the houses on the point to get out of the wind.  Lots of terns passed as well as a few Gannets and the highlights were Black-throated Diver, 2 Bonxies, 7 Common Scoter and 4 Whimbrel.  I found out later that I missed some Pomarine Skuas by 45 minutes.

Next onto the North Wall where there had been no news of the Glossy Ibis so I was pleasantly surprised to see they were still present.  On the way back to the car saw a nice Short-eared Owl sitting in the top of a small bush behind the Breach Pool.

On the way back home I dropped into Thurlsey Common where had decent views of a Tree Pipit and a Woodlark.  There was another Woodlark singing nearby which I didn't see.  On the way back to the car a nice male Redstart

No comments:

Post a Comment