Thursday 10 June 2010

New Forest (06/06/10)







Once again it was my turn to lead the NE Hants RSPB Group around Beaulieu Road Station. First of all though, I went to Acres Down to see if the Wood Warblers were in residence.

Along the ridge I bumped into a family group of 6 Woodlarks.

I eventually managed to pin down a Wood Warbler (120) a little further into the valley wood than last year.

One the way back to the car I nearly managed to get lost but eventually found my way back (and the detour added a Marsh Tit (121) and a Nuthatch (122)). Just as I was leaving the ridge 2 Crossbills flew over (123).

I then met up with the group and we did our walk around the forest.

Highlights included:

3 or 4 Redstarts
2 Hobbies
Buzzard
Wood Warbler
imm. Keeled Skimmers
Crossbill (at the car park)
Coal Tit (124)
Stonechat (125)

The group then went over to Acres Down for Honey Buzzard without any success.

Finally I went to Ober Water to look for Scarce Blue-tailed Damselfly without any success but there were lots of Beautiful Demoiselles.

No comments:

Post a Comment